2004 Mar 04 07:38

Re: [vox] Re: [lugod@livepenguin.com: [vox] ello! =))]

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 07:31:41PM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:
> There was a long (and probably off topic) debate about this on vox-tech
> this morning. Some people are still refusing to admit that it came through
> the list, but I think this speaks for itself:

whereas the mailing-list-managed list archive, done by Pipermail
would I think, ACTUALLY show if a post got ONTO the list.

Or... herm... could be vice-versa.

Anyway, it's both places:

  http://lists.lugod.org/pipermail/vox/2004-March/002558.html

The reason being that "lugod@livepenguin" is subcribed, and can therefore
technically post, even though it's not a real person.  Unfortunately,
it seems the spoofed From let it through.  I'm going to make the
'lugod@' subscriptions read-only (e.g, they can't post)

<snip>
> (or perhaps this was
> a one-time thing, and nobody's going to get infected from it anyway because
> we all run Linux).

Well, maybe one day.  But obviously we still get lots of Windows-using
curious people in the meantime. ;^)