2004 Feb 23 03:20

[vox] apache + hardware problem?

I've been trying to install apache + PHP on a laptop with a fresh install
(RH9.0) and I get connection refused when trying to connect to localhost.

Here's what I did:
Clean install of OS, installed and tested MySQL -OK.
after uncompressing PHP & apache, ran configure for apache
./configure --prefix=/usr/local

went to php directory ran: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mysql
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.29

ran make and make install for PHP

deleted old config.status file in apache and ran:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a

ran make and make install for apache. After starting httpd - "connection
refused when connecting to localhost". My /etc/hosts file appears to have
correct entry for localhost.
 It was suggested to me that there might be a
problem with apache looking for a newtork card. On boot, the machine
complains about the Xircom combo card, yet I have no trouble connecting to
internet via the ethernet connection.

Any thoughts?

-Lorie

The
Lorie Obal
lobal@cds1.net
Proudly conceptualized and drafted in open source software!

-----------Begin Geek Code Block--------------------
GMU/GB d? s: !a C LU+ P+ L++ E--- W++N++!o K- w ! M- V PS+ PE Y+ PGP++ t+
5++X+R*tvb+++DI--!D G e++/e++h++ !r z?

http://www.geekcode.com/geek.html