2004 Feb 22 15:28

[vox] Kexi - GUI database frontend thingy

[vox] Kexi - GUI database frontend thingy

I just learned about "Kexi" on one of the K12 Linux lists I'm on.
It's going to be part of (but is not yet) the KOffice suite:

  http://www.kexi-project.org/about.html

Brief glance at the screenshots and it looks pretty neat so far.

It can use SQLite (files), PostgreSQL, MySQL or FireBird/Interbase
database backends.  They plan to support ODBC.  (They suggest sticking
to the SQLite based ones until they get their backend DB API (KexiDB)
working 100% for all DBs)