2004 Feb 20 23:58

Re: [vox] Syncing Palm Pilot

On 2004.02.20 00:36, Rob Rogers wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 18:18:23PM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:
> This is not a problem with device files (at least not yet). By looking
> up the vendor and product ID in my 2.6.3 kernel source, I conclude
> that you are using a Palm m130. The correct kernel module (at least in
> my 2.6.3) for handling these devices is visor, which I can see is
> already loaded.

I was pretty sure it wasn't the device files...

> What kernel version are you using? Perhaps you need something more
> recent. Palm m130 support appears to have been added in kernel 2.4.19.

That's most likely it. I'm running 2.4.18-bf2.4. Guess it's time to
install a newer kernel, huh?
One more thing (in addition to my other post): You said you wanted to learn about initrd by leaving the default kernel in place. That's probably not the way to learn about an initrd - Debian's bf24 variant of the kernel didn't use an initrd by default. Installing one of the more recent stock kernel images will use an initrd (just remember to update lilo.conf so that it will use initrd)

The last time I was using a kernel this old, I had a Handspring Visor,
not a Palm m130. I didn't realize support for the m130 came so much
later.