January 6: Social gathering
2004 Feb 18 09:24

Re: [vox] Throttling router?

hmm... I'd be interesting on hearing how this works if people did it or
even how you implement it. Although I'm not seeing what it gains you.
Yes source quelch tells your upstream isp to backoff and throttle your
bw but I thought the objective was to only throttle certian types of
traffic. The data is still coming out you, just being que'd up at a
different place instead of on your router now. With source quelch you're
throtteling overall bw... so ya, mabye i'm not seeing it ;)

Mike