2004 Feb 14 13:14

Re: [vox] request for backup DNS

I use ZoneEdit (http://www.zoneedit.com/). Excellent service with an easy UI, and completely free for up to 5 or 6 domains I think. They've never gone down and I've used it for about 3 years.

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

hola,

the name servers for granitecanyon.com and freedns.afraid.org are all
down ATM. :-/

is anyone here running DNS (that gets their DNS from somebody like
pacbell or sonic) that could give me backup DNS when afraid.org and
granitecanyon are both down? dirac.org is a home domain with
practically no traffic at all. you'll get very few name requests.

please forward responses to psalzman@lifshitz.ucdavis.edu, at least for
now. :-(

thanks
pete