2004 Jan 29 20:34

Re: [vox] [OT] Orkut.com (social network site)

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 06:12 pm, Rod Roark wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2004 05:58 pm, zeruch@pvf.dibona.com wrote:
>
> > Suffice it to say, this is pretty standard faire, its practically
> > boilerplate.
> >
> > Basically falls under a legalese form of 'caveat emptor'
>
> "Let the buyer beware" does not really apply, as there is
> no purchase here.
>
> Neither does labeling something as boilerplate constitute a
> reason for agreeing to it.
>
> However I think "f*** off" is a reasonable response to
> "I want you to agree to whatever I may choose to impose on
> you in the future".  And no I don't care if it's legally
> enforcable.
>
> Sheesh.
>
> -- Rod

It is of course your choice to participate.  However, to not do so on basis of
that is kinda silly to me.  Pretty much everything out there has a ToS that
is very similar to that.  I normally accept them, and go with the idea that
if there is information(such as phone #s, addresses, ssn, sometimes even
proper name) I don't wish to disclose, I don't.  So far, that site seems
pretty tame...

Mike

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org