January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jan 25 02:07

Re: [vox] A hypothetical question about the Web's dark underbelly

on Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 11:41:44AM -0800, Rod Roark (rod@sunsetsystems.com) wrote:
> On Saturday 17 January 2004 09:28 am, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 02:13, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> >
> > > Cleartext passwords.  Frames.  Javascript.  Bad.  Bad.  Bad.
> >
> > I always feel like I need to defend myself when the flaws of our website
> > are pointed out.  Yes, I know cleartext passwords are bad.  And the
> > JavaScript.  And especially the frames....
>
> Someone said: no generalization is worth a damn, including
> this one.
>
> My site http://parlorplay.com/ uses all three.  I suppose
> there's a way to fix the passwords, but making a decent
> browser-based Java-free animated game without JavaScript and
> frames would be pretty tough.

I hope it's not necessary to point out the rather dramatically different
roles played by a game site, on the one hand, and an employee
information system, on the other.

Still:  I prefer not ot use my browser for playing games.  I use games
for playing games.

Peace.

    Americans [...] need to watch what they say.
    -- Ari Fleischer, White House Press Secretary
       http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010926-5.html