2004 Jan 22 19:58

Re: [vox] Re: DSLExtreme.com deal

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Rob Rogers wrote:

> I know someone who had this a few years ago, before SureWest bought
> WinFirst out. He was pretty impressed with it, even running a web/ftp
> server off his firewall box. I've never used it myself, but he had
> confirmed the speeds were what they advertised, and uptime was excelent.
>
> I've been waiting for this to get to my neighborhood for quite a while.
> I don't even see the coverage map on their website anymore. (Last I
> looked it was a year out of date anyways)

Thanks for the info, it's nice to know at least one power user was happy.

Yeah, their website is slipping.  I couldn't get cost info, or
availability or anything.  I called and got a very nice breakdown of
services and prices, but couldn't get an ETA.  I was like, 'the dudes are
digging a big hole in front of my house - how long after the dudes patch
up that hole will I be able to order the service?'  THey couldn't tell me,
which worries me.  They have to have a timeline of neighborhoods
somewhere, but the sales people are disconnected from that, and the actual
workers obviously don't know about the network side of the wiring they are
doing...

Frustrating, but worth the wait I suppose.