2004 Jan 25 01:18

[vox] Open Source savings - Letter to Sacbee

[vox] Open Source savings - Letter to Sacbee

Saw this in this morning's SacBee/Letters to the Editor

Open Source savings
http://www.sacbee.com/content/opinion/story/8115977p-9048089c.html

Education, governments and businesses all across the nation and the
world have begun to benefit from "Open Source" software and the Linux
operating system.

Various attempts have been made to implement legislation requiring
government to at least consider Open Source before purchasing
proprietary software from companies such as Microsoft.

Where does Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's administration stand?

- Paul Hubert, Carmichael