2004 Jan 17 09:29

Re: [vox] A hypothetical question about the Web's dark underbelly

on Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 04:08:14PM -0800, Ken Bloom (kabloom@ucdavis.edu) wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:40:23PM -0800, Richard Crawford wrote:

> Routers don't store web pages. Proxies do, but you'll never find
> whether there's a proxy using tracert.

Proxies _should_ leave a header message.  Whether this is retrieveable
in the browser client is another issue.

Alternatively, get the user's IP and look for it in your logs.

You can also force-bypass most caching proxies by going https.  Which
you should be doing for authenticated content _anyway_.

Cleartext passwords.  Frames.  Javascript.  Bad.  Bad.  Bad.

Peace.

  TWikIWeThey: An experiment in collective intelligence.  Stupidity.  Whatever.
    Technical docs, discussion, reviews, opinion.
      http://twiki.iwethey.org/