2004 Jan 16 03:57

Re: [vox] HP touts Linux 'for the real world', sets record with$2.5B Linux-based revenue

Re: [vox] HP touts Linux 'for the real world', sets record with$2.5B Linux-based revenue

They do! http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/.  The drivers is basically an
add-on to ghostscript and supports a ton of Deskjets, Business  Deskjets,
Photosmarts, and some Laser pirnters too.  Also supported are some of the
of combo (copy/print or scan/copy/print) devices.

Not all models are supported, but a very good number (most?) of them
are.  My DeskJet 825c works great.  There is an OS X port of these drivers
too.

My setup is as follows:
HP DJ 825C
HPIJS drivers
LPRNG
Apsfilter to get it all set up

Cups reportedly works well with these drivers too, but Apsfilter is the
default way of doing printing in slackware...

Dave