January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jan 13 09:32

Re: [vox] OT: recommendation on Free cross-platform simple photo manipulator tool?

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 01:29:44AM -0800, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> I often include a copy of GIMP on photo CDs I create for other people
> (with installation instructions.)  I think GIMP is easy enough to use for
> any moderate computer user with decent intelligence.  But if GIMP is not
> easy enough, I think you'd need a custom program.  But that's just what I
> think...

I think Henry should ask Doug to make him an FLTK app. ;^)  Doug's been
playing with bitmap scaling lately.  It could be a frontend to ImageMagick
command-line tools, even. ;^)

Hell, this thread is making ME want to write some kind of app!
I'm just not that familiar with traditional GUI widget programming [*]
(GTK, Qt, wxWindow, FLTK, whatever-MSWindows-uses, etc.)

Just X11 and SDL... and I'm getting pretty forgetful on the former. :^)

-bill!
[*] Though I'm picking up BREW for my new job, obviously.  But that's a WHOLE
    'nother ball of wax. :)