2004 Jan 13 09:32

Re: [vox] OT: recommendation on Free cross-platform simple photomanipulator tool?

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Henry House wrote:

> På måndag, 12 januari 2004, skrev Micah J. Cowan:
> [...]
> > What's wrong with GIMP? Runs on Windows and MacOS, last I checked (and
> > I have definitely used it on Windows--I'm sure Bill has too).
>
> Nothing if the user is you or me. But I certainly would not recommend it to
> people who barely know how to use a computer.
[snip]

Well... isn't ImageMagik (or however it's spelled) a command-line utility?
I think that's way harder for a newbie to use than anything GUI-oriented,
including GIMP.  Given the two choices, I think GIMP would be easier, even
if it's a right-click oriented program.  (Installation could be easier,
though.)

I often include a copy of GIMP on photo CDs I create for other people
(with installation instructions.)  I think GIMP is easy enough to use for
any moderate computer user with decent intelligence.  But if GIMP is not
easy enough, I think you'd need a custom program.  But that's just what I
think...

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim