January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jan 13 01:30

Re: [vox] OT: recommendation on Free cross-platform simple photo manipulator tool?

Re: [vox] OT: recommendation on Free cross-platform simple photo manipulator tool?

På måndag, 12 januari 2004, skrev Micah J. Cowan:
[...]
> What's wrong with GIMP? Runs on Windows and MacOS, last I checked (and
> I have definitely used it on Windows--I'm sure Bill has too).

Nothing if the user is you or me. But I certainly would not recommend it to
people who barely know how to use a computer. I should have been more clear
about my request: this is software for computer newbies who send me photos to
use, not for me. I could write a program to fix the files that they send
without their knowledge, but it seems more appropriate to ask them to come
halfway, serving to increase the level of knowledge in the world.

--
Henry House
See <http://hajhouse.org/pgp> for information.  My OpenPGP key: