2004 Jan 09 15:26

Re: [vox] ISO: Wireless network card (PCI) (hey, worth a try!)

Re: [vox] ISO: Wireless network card (PCI) (hey, worth a try!)

This page http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html says:
D-Link
802.11b
DWL-520 PCI
Realtek
HW revisions A1,A2,B1,B2 are Prism

If you are fortunate enough to be using an early version of the card, all
you have to do is _modprobe orinoco_pci_ (which should load orinoco and
hermes automatically).  Then you can use wireless-tools' iwconfig to set a
ssid or wep key and then start networking per usual.

If it's not one of those listed hardware versions you got a Realtek
chipset which means maybe getting a sketchy (from what I read/posted
yesterday) Realtek provided driver working, or you might be out of luck.

Dave