2004 Jan 09 00:59

Re: [vox] ISO: Wireless network card (PCI)

Re: [vox] ISO: Wireless network card (PCI)

> Got a D-Link DWL-520  (not a, not plus, just 520).  I'm working on figuring
> out how to make it talk right now :)

I have that model, and support is not good. Mine uses the rtl8180 chipset,
which Realtek has closed-source drivers (but only for the 2.4.18 and 2.4.20
kernel). I'm using 2.6.0, so my only choice was to use DriverLoader, the
emulator for NDIS (Windows) drivers. It seems to work fine, but I'd really
like to use native, open-source drivers.
Let me know if you have any better luck.
-Mike Harris