2004 Jan 08 09:25

Re: [vox] Meeting wrap-up

Mike,

I'd like to see more on security of a _typical_ mysql setup.  The best
ways to set up user accounts...thoughts on configuring the Host column
in the mysql table.  We talked quite a bit about what permissions to give
each user, but I'm still vague on the best way to set up users and give
them permissions to their DBs/tables.  I use mysql pretty extensively, but
only as a single user, so I've only ever configured a root account and a
single user account (select, insert, update, and maybe delete).  I'm
curious to know how an ISP might setup mysql and lock everything down...

Thanks,
Dave