Re: [vox] Linux laptop with MySQL needed at next meeting

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 06:55:16PM -0800, Dave Margolis wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>

> > The main video card in the LUGOD demo machine has died, and we're not sure
> > if we'll be replacing it soon, or completely replacing the machine with
> > something newer, faster and smaller.
>
> I've got a 32MB NVidia TNT2 and an 8MB ATI XPert 98 (w/TV Out) to
> spare if you need a video card.  Both are AGP.  The NVidia works great
> with NVidia's drivers and played Quake II and III acceptably.  I'd be
> honored to donate either or both.

Thanks, Dave.  Our LCD monitor takes DVI input, so it would need to have
DVI out.  Henry House found a card capable of both DVI _and_ VGA (for
our projector), which was around $75.

I'm not a video card expert by any means, so I'm letting Henry and Mike Simons
look into this. :)

> or...
>
> I just threw this up on eBay:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2777373321&category=51121&rd=1

Slick looking little box!!!  I like the VCR / stereo component form-factor ;)

> It would make an excellent light/portable/etc. demo machine.  I'd be
> willing to take it down from eBay and _donate_ it for my starting price
> of $100 (which is a hell of a good price, IMO).

WOW!  Henry???

-bill!
(cc'ing to vox-officers)