Re: [vox] Linux laptop with MySQL needed at next meeting

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> The main video card in the LUGOD demo machine has died, and we're not sure
> if we'll be replacing it soon, or completely replacing the machine with
> something newer, faster and smaller.

I've got a 32MB NVidia TNT2 and an 8MB ATI XPert 98 (w/TV Out) to
spare if you need a video card.  Both are AGP.  The NVidia works great
with NVidia's drivers and played Quake II and III acceptably.  I'd be
honored to donate either or both.

or...

I just threw this up on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2777373321&category=51121&rd=1
It would make an excellent light/portable/etc. demo machine.  I'd be
willing to take it down from eBay and _donate_ it for my starting price
of $100 (which is a hell of a good price, IMO).

Dave Margolis