[vox] Re: MSFT Survey -- Fwd: [frankwilliams291@hotmail.com: Survey]

on Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 06:02:46PM -0800, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> This is the interaction MSFT is requesting.
>
> It's not clear from the URLs what sort of user-level tracking is going
> on.  I'd be interested in seeing examples of the links other people are
> seeing.

Turns out this is:

  - Cookie driven.  I prefer my privacy.  Infinite redirects if
    disabled.

  - Javascript-link driven.  Among the features either disabled or not
    available on my browser(s) of choice.

  - Starts off with a legal disclaimer.  Why am I surprised.

        By offering suggestions through this survey, you give Microsoft
        full permission to use them freely. We can't guarantee we will
        use your suggestions, but we will review them for use in future
        products. If appropriate, we may explore your feedback further.
        We will not provide compensation for your suggestions submitted
        through this online survey, though we appreciate your feedback
        and look forward to building better products with helpful
        feedback such as yours.

  - Appears to be of the form of "we're going to ping you with a
    question per page on this survey so you've got no idea how long this
    thing goes on".  Sorry, I like to have an idea of what bloody
    questions are going to be asked of me before I get into something.

...that's as far as I got with the damned thing.  It's not an
interaction, it's a mindsuck.

If anyone cares to post the whole survey, I'd be interested.

Peace.

   Verio webhosting?  Guaranteed downtime:
     http://www.dowethics.com/r/environment/freedom.html