Re: [vox] Microsoft interested in our feelings

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 09:39:15PM -0800, Larry Dieterich wrote:
> It is not disputable that MS wants to undermine Linux. The legal
> avenues don't seem to be working out so far, the technical avenues are
> even tougher, and so it seems like it might fall to PR to tackle the
> penguin.

Ah, but penguins are slippery.  Like soap. :^)  PR can't defeat OSS,
since OSS isn't about money. :^)

<snip>
> [Microsoft's] business is threatened. This is a big deal.

Maybe that's why I find this so appealing.

<snip>
> I'm open minded about Mr Surkan's bold contact, but I'm guarded. MS has
> a bad rep for playing tricky hardball and they haven't earned my trust.

Yeah, hundreds of dead people signing "grass-root" campaigns isn't exactly
a good track record. ;)