Re: [vox] Ding How for 5th anniversary?

on Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 09:43:40PM -0800, Bill Kendrick (nbs@sonic.net) wrote:

> At last night's LUGOD meeting, Ryan Castellucci (I think) suggested we
> go to Ding How restaurant for our 5th anniversary  (Monday, January 19th).
>
> A number of people thought that was an excellent idea.  They have great food,
> a large dining area in back, and are moderately priced.  (Noone showed any
> objections.)

<...>

> To give you an idea of prices, here's a few randomly-picked items:
>
>   2 egg rolls            - $3.00
>   12 fried won tons      - $3.00
>   mu shu pork            - $6.95
>   sweet & sour chicken   - $6.25
>   kung pao beef          - $6.95
>   wok fried string bean  - $5.00
>   chow mein / fried rice - $5.50
>   vegetable " / "        - $4.75

Just a thought.

Restaurants really like having a predictable, easy, billing scheme.

Fixed order, say, with a veggie and koscher table (others as needed),
with a set of dishes on each table, tends to make their life easier.
Also makes subsequent bookings more likely, and more eagerly agreed to.

Per-head pricing should come out slightly less than a menu-based meal.
They can also get the meal fully prepped in advance, and if they're
competent, get the food out to the tables pretty much coordinated.

Don't do what BALUG does and get the bad food ;-)

Peace.

    The black hat community is drooling over the possibility of a secure
    execution environment that would allow applications to run in a
    secure area which cannot be attached to via debuggers.
    - Jason Spence, on Palladium aka NGCSB aka "Trusted Computing"