Re: [vox] Ding How for 5th anniversary?

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Finally, I've got to figure out a good way to figure out just how many
> people are going to show up...  I DO kind of want to advertise this
> event generally (like we did for last year's anniversary), but that could
> cause problems in estimating attendance.
>
> Any ideas? :)

Ask people for RSVP, and add a few people extra on top of those who RSVP.
I don't think they'll mind if we go over/under a little, so there's a bit
of leeway.

Are we gonna do anything besides eating?  I wouldn't mind having someone
give a talk.  But if there's nothing extra, probably only LUGOD members
are gonna show up anyway (more | less) so you won't have to add too many
people on top of RSVP, if any.  If there's extra stuff, we'll have to
guestimate how many people are gonna show up unannounced, depending on the
general public's interest in whatever the "extra stuff" happens to be...

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius