Re: [vox] Hi Folks, Check this out!!!!!!!!!

Re: [vox] Hi Folks, Check this out!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought...... How is it he was able to send an e-mail but can't
download an Linux OS?

My 2 cents.

Robert White

 "We could learn a lot from crayons:
some are sharp, some are pretty, some
are dull, some have weird names, and
all are different colors but they all
have to learn to live in the same box."
                                      - Anonymous

                      Bill Kendrick
                    <nbs@sonic.net>       To:     vox@lists.lugod.org
                           Sent by:       cc:
                    vox-admin@lists       Subject:     Re: [vox] Hi Folks, Check this out!!!!!!!!!
                         .lugod.org

                         12/11/2003
                           11:32 AM
                     Please respond
                             to vox

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 10:30:41AM -0800, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> Um, I think this is spam.  I think they are fishing for personal
> information that they can use in some way.  If you sent them something
> by mail, then they would have your mailing address at a minimum.
> Obviously, I don't think anyone would send something... but then they
> work on percentages.  If there is a 0.5% chance someone might, and there
> are 400 people on this list, 2 people might fall for it.

They posted to the SEUL/edu list, too.  There's a fellow who lives in
Accra and is a big Linux user/promoter, apparently, and someone gave him
his contact info. ;)