[no subject]

You can go with the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 but that will run you $150
($139.00 on newegg.com). It's got an on board mpeg-2 encoder, and will
take no processor power to encode, you just have to decode, which you can
do just fine with something in the 300-400MHz range.

> The part that's difficult is, as someone mentioned, configuring the TV out
> part and making sure all these components are compatible.

Depending on the card, TV out isn't all that hard. The Nvidia's actually
seem to be some of the better cards for that. The matrox G400 is also a
good card, but you need a dongle for the second VGA connector (their
standard dongle has S-Video, RCA and I believe digital all on one)