Re: [vox] [OT] Web-based project management tools?

On Fri 05 Dec 03, 10:10 AM, Richard Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> said:
> Peter Jay Salzman said:
>
> > open source developement with CVS
> > by karl fogel
>
> Thanks, Pete.  :-D  I will check this out.
>
> > the book is so well written that anybody who can't use cvs after reading
> > it probably shouldn't be using cvs at all.
>
> Heh.  I shared this line with my boss, and we both had a good laugh.  ;-)

heh.  :)

i stand by the statement.  although i haven't seen the 2nd edition, i'm
sure it's as good as the first.

his writing style is very nice -- informal.  it's almost as if he's
sitting right in front of you wearing jeans and a t-shirt, explaining
it.  very conversational writing style (although some people don't like
this.  i do).

this book is one of those "free books" meaning you can get a copy of it
on the web, like the NAG, the C FAQ, the docbook book, or the very
outdated automake, autoconf, and libtool book.

i found it by googling, and finding the free version online.  after
reading the first 3 chapters, i realized this book was one of those rare
gems, so i bought myself a copy.

there are some good cvs documents on the web, but from what your
description read, i think this book fits the bill quite nicely.

pete