Re: [vox] [OT] Web-based project management tools?

Re: [vox] [OT] Web-based project management tools?

Quoting Richard Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com):

> My office is looking into the notion of using an open source web-based
> project management tool to keep track of what's going on in our site.

Some LAMP tools (which involve PHP, but otherwise might meet your
needs):

Outreach Project Tool -- http://sourceforge.net/projects/outreach/
TUTOS -- http://www.tutos.org/
PHProjeckt -- http://www.phprojekt.com
dotproject -- http://www.dotproject.net/
Double Choco Latte -- http://dcl.sourceforge.net/
EPIware and EPIware LITE (both proprietary) -- http://www.epiware.com/
Achievo -- http://www.achievo.org/
proManager -- http://promanager.dyndns.org/

Java/Web-based:

Intellisys Project Enterprise (proprietary) --
          http://www.webintellisys.com/project/enterprise.html
WebProject (proprietary) -- http://www.novient.com/

Other:

AMS REALTIME (proprietary) --
          http://www.amsrealtime.com/products/intro.htm
AutoPLAN Enterprise (proprietary) --
          http://www.tufan.com/autoplan/autoplan_enterprise.htm
mySAP Product Lifecycle Management --
          http://www.sap.com/solutions/plm/keycapabilities/program.asp

More possibilities might be found in:

http://www.startwright.com/project1.htm
http://linas.org/linux/pm.html

> (I'm also looking for a "so simple it's laughable"-style introduction
> manual to CVS... anyone have any suggestions for one of those?)

Wow, that's going to be tough.  Best I can find quickly is Jim Blandy's
(http://www.cvshome.org/docs/blandy.html), and it's still pretty
twiddly.  Bob Arnson's "CVS for new users" is an easy overview (and
links to Blandy's tutorial) but doesn't get specific:
http://www.cvshome.org/new_users.html

You could also consider
http://zez.org/article/articleprint/17/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/edu/l-dw-linuxcvs-i.html

--
Cheers,                             * Contributing Editor, Linux Gazette *
Rick Moen                       -*- See the Linux Gazette in its new home: -*-