Re: [vox] OpenOffice_.org_

Quoting Bill Kendrick (nbs@sonic.net):

> I just noticed this blurb in a little tutorial on OpenOffice.org:
>
>     Due to some trademarking concerns, the OpenOffice software suite
>     and its development organization both are officially named
>     OpenOffice.org. ...
>
> Anyone have any details on that?

It's because there's already a Linux VAR of long-standing in the
Netherlands called Open Office (http://www.openoffice.nl/).  The firm's
not very well known in the USA, but quite well known in Europe.

--
Cheers,                             * Contributing Editor, Linux Gazette *
Rick Moen                       -*- See the Linux Gazette in its new home: -*-