2003 Nov 25 13:09

Re: [vox] my mother has seen the light

--- Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 07:01:47AM -0800, Katie wrote:
> > My mother has finally given up on Windows
> > She's ready to try linux, but she's a little leary.

> First question that I always ask is: what does she do with her computer?
> (Other than fight porno pop-up ads :^) )  Is there anything she's been
> wanting to do with her computer that she couldn't, or simply didn't get
> around to, before?

She pays bills, plays games, accesses the internet.  She would really like
to set up webcams to keep in touch with out of state relatives.

> > 2.  The closest LUG to Alameda, CA
>
> Across the bay, there's Bay Area LUG in San Francisco.
> A little south in Fremont is East Bay LUG.
> Silicon Valley LUG.
> the newest LUG, PenLUG

These are too far away for her

> North of Alameda there's CalLUG at UC Berkeley.

I can't get into their website.

I might just have to fetch her computer and bring it to a LUGOD
installfest.

Katie

=====
--
Only two things are necessary to keep a redhead happy.
One is to let her think she is having her own way,