2003 Nov 07 10:01

[vox] ISSA conference wrap-up

Based on what I heard from Brian Lavender and Seth Nagao, the first day
of the ISSA Conference (yesterday) was a success.  Lots of people came
by, lots of the various discs and paperwork were taken, etc.

Apparently day 2 was much slower.  Mike Simons reports that only about 20
people came by, and 12 of them were in a 'burst' to come pick up Knoppix CDs,
since apparently there was a class/session which mentioned it, and he's
guessing the speaker told people to come by our booth for discs. ;^)

The show seemed to wrap up quite early - other booths started packing up,
so LUGOD decided to do the same, at around 3:15pm.

Booth staffers during Day 1 were Brian Lavender and Seth Nagao
(I helped set up in the morning before the show).

Day 2, Seth was there again, along with Mike Simons, Daphne Pareas,
Paul Miller, Ken Bloom and (I'm guessing) David Siedband.

Counterpane was there, and apparently they provide a service where they
monitor networks for attacks, and to do this they install boxes inside
the companies' networks, which happen to be running Linux. ;^)
(They're interested in maybe coming to talk at a LUGOD meeting some time.)

Thanks to everyone for helping volunteer, burn discs, and help put this
together!  :^)

-bill!
root@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/