2003 Nov 02 02:06

Re: [vox] Rebate hassles [was Free Stuff]

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 p@dirac.org wrote:

> maybe i'm just dumb, but rebates tend not to come for me.  i've sent in
> plenty.  certainly over 20 with all the trips i used to make to frys.
> i'd be surprised if i got 5 back.

I always get brands I trust when I get something with a rebate.  Maybe
that has something to do with it?

> i've had more than one company require the original UPC.

One UPC, one rebate.  How do you ever end up with sending one UPC to
multiple companies?  Many companies require the original receipt, but
Fry's make dup receipts for those cases.

> my rebate request got "lost".

Never happened to me... apparently.

> really, i think they do tend to rely on the "it's not worth my time"
> notion.  you can think of all kinds of demographics to explain why some
> people get their rebates and some don't.

Now I have a new theory: Maybe it's my last name.  Maybe people just see
my last name and go, "Man~ those Korean people never let go of rebates.
We better send him a rebate."  Time to change your name!!

BTW, sometimes people can mistake the rebates as junk mail.  You've never
done that, right?

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim