2003 Oct 26 08:27

[vox] bondwell "portable" boat anchor computers -- getting rid of

[vox] bondwell "portable" boat anchor computers -- getting rid of

My office is about to get rid of six "portable" computers -- you know, the
25lb. two-floppy-drives-with-no-HD type of machines that are "portable"
because there's a handle on the top.  I've been ordered to make them go
"away".  And I can't wait for the next Lugod geek swap -- that'll be too far
ahead.

a) Anyone know the contact name for the U.C. Davis computer "museum" (i.e.
the cases full of old equipment in the CS lab)  One of these machines is
in-the-box, with styrofoam and MAYBE manuals.

b) Anyone have links/contact info/etc. for the computer museum in the bay
area? (the one that just had a sooper swap-area a couple of weekends ago.

  or

c) Anyone want one or more of these boat anchors?