2003 Oct 24 13:17

Re: [vox] ipod - what's the big deal?

On the 24th day of October, p@dirac.org said to me:

> AFAICS, the only thing that makes them notable is who markets them and
> how outrageously priced they are.

They're smaller and more manageable than devices with similar capacity and
have a much greater capacity than devices of a similar physical sidze.
They are also extremely well put together.

> what about the ipod makes them so newsworthy?

Quality, ease of use, market penetration, widespread acceptance. A
successful marketing campaign on Apple's part is certainly newsworthy ;)

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | bucketchild.net - +1-707-237-5271 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org      - +1-408-386-3549 (cell) .