2003 Oct 23 11:41

[vox] OT: Paranoid geek

I remember a Microsoft Tech Talk (I think it was two years ago) introducing .NET, and I remember the presenter making a statement about how .NET is good for everyone, even for the paranoid geek who doesn't trust the corporate big guys. (He can run his own .NET server) At the time, I laughed because there's now way *I'd* ever trust the corporate guys that little.

Now, with fetchmail/procmail running every 5 minutes by cron, so I can spamassassin my email before I read it, always ssh-ing to my computer to get stuff done, and bind9 running on my own machine as my DNS (I did it to work around verisign, and don't feel like undoing it just yet), I think I now qualify as a paranoid geek, running everything off my own Linux box.

Just an interesting thought.

(BTW, would those people who said they'd sign my GPG key please send it to me if they haven't done so already?)