2003 Oct 18 00:24

Re: [OT] Video games (Was Re: [vox] silicon valley computer stores)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Foo Lim wrote:

> One word for ya: emulator.  ;-)  You can probably build a cheap system to
> run an emulator that runs off of your hard disk with a joystick and even a
> coin machine if you can figure out the interface.  That might be the easy
> part.  Now for the case...  (Of course, you would have to *own* the game
> in order to legally make a backup copy of the ROM.)
>
> FL

Well I'm already emulating all the games I want with Xmame/MacMame...no
problems there.  Hacking some cabinet doesn't sound as desirable as having
a _somewhat_ authentic sit-down, glass-top case.  I DO love reading all
the _this is how I made my Mame-box_ web pages though.