2003 Oct 17 17:08

Re: [OT] Video games (Was Re: [vox] silicon valley computer stores)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, David Margolis wrote:

> One of wife's friends is married to a guy who has sit-down donkey kong.
> It weighs about 6,000 lbs (I helped him move it once), but besides that,
> it is the most desirable piece of furniture I've ever drooled over.
>
> I've planned its heist several times but the owners come to my house every
> once and a while so I couldn't enjoy it.
>
> Do you suppose it's possible to get a generic sit-down case and install
> one of those rom-chips in order to put together an inexpensive clone?  I
> wouldn't care too much about having an _original_.
>
> Dave M.

One word for ya: emulator.  ;-)  You can probably build a cheap system to
run an emulator that runs off of your hard disk with a joystick and even a
coin machine if you can figure out the interface.  That might be the easy
part.  Now for the case...  (Of course, you would have to *own* the game
in order to legally make a backup copy of the ROM.)

FL