2003 Oct 17 10:53

Re: [vox] silicon valley computer stores

On Fri 17 Oct 03, 10:29 AM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 10:23:36AM -0700, Nicole TWN wrote:
> <snip>
> > Second Saturday of the month, from March (I think) through October, the
> > geek swap of the gods is held at Foothill College on the Peninsula.  It is
> > impossible to describe the lunatic joy of shopping there.
>
> Any old classic gaming and computing hardware appear down there?
> *drool*

heh.  you can keep the classic computing hardware.  i'll take the
classic gaming hardware.

if i were bill gates, i'd have my own personal arcade and stock it with
classics like asteroids, space invaders, defender, gorf (anyone remember
that?), tron, dragon's lair, joust, etc.

i'd hire people to play games all day, so when i walk in, there would be
the dark and noisy "beep beep zap zap" atmosphere of a classic arcade
room of the late 80's...

i'd put in a snack bar that serves really old and cold pizza, nachos and
flat soda.

i'd hire big guys to stand around with big money changer belts that you
have to wait around 10 minutes for to get your tokens.

i'd hire girls on rollerskates to play "tag" in the arcade room and
cheer on anyone who gets a high score.

and there would be loudspeakers pumping out classics like "you spin me
round" and "she blinded me with science".

gawd, those were the good days!

if i were bill gates... i'd bitty bitty bum all day!

pete