2003 Oct 13 22:58

Re: [vox] [fwd] OpenOffice campaign: Cotati-Rohnert Park results

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:44:10PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Hrm, yeah, too bad there aren't books on the subject [1] [2]
> or user groups chock full of people willing to help [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]

> ;^)

The latter, in a nutshell, is the major difference between commercial
software and open source.  For whatever reason, people are lot more
willing to help each other in the latter case.

But that is also another obstacle when trying to lure people away from
Microsoft.  The idea of getting help from a user group is just foreign
to them.

Norm