2003 Oct 13 22:53

Re: [vox] [fwd] OpenOffice campaign: Cotati-Rohnert Park results

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 05:40:35PM -0700, Norm Matloff wrote:

> I live in Walnut Creek, supposedly an upscale school district, but like
> all districts these days, they are short of funds.  When their computer
> teacher told me she was very worried about the cost of Microsoft
> products, I mentioned OpenOffice.  She was aware of it, but refused to
> even consider using it.  She said, "I don't want to learn anything new."
> To me, as a parent in that district, that was an amazingly unpolitic
> thing for her to say, but it may be a common attitude.

Hrm, yeah, too bad there aren't books on the subject [1] [2]
or user groups chock full of people willing to help [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8]

;^)

-bill!

[1] "OOo Switch: 501 Things You Wanted to Know About Switching to OpenOffice.org
    from Microsoft Office"
    http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=1930919360

[2] "OpenOffice.Org 1.0 Resource Kit"
    http://www.nerdbooks.com/item.php?id=0131407457