January 6: Social gathering
2003 Oct 13 09:20

Re: Thumbprint encryption (Was Re: [vox] slashdottable news)

Re: Thumbprint encryption (Was Re: [vox] slashdottable news)

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:06:39 -0700, Steven Peck <speck@blkmtn.org> wrote:

In that case, it should have been an encrypted file system so that these
little embarassing moments don't occur to sales people. :)
Well, I believe part of the problem was the sales people were given missinformation. The were working under the impression that this was something tied in with the BIOS of the machine (or something similar to that) and that running a different OS on the machine wouldn't change it.