2003 Oct 01 17:02

[vox] What would you do with...?

Right now, We've got five computers in my house, four of which are being
used full-time.  Our latest census shows us:

1.  A laptop running WindowsXP
2.  A laptop which dual-boots WindowsXP and (unsuccessfully) Debian
3.  A tower which is my personal workstation, dual-booting Windows 2000
    (though I can't remember when was the last time I used Win2K on that
    machine) and RH 8
4.  A tower which is our household server, running RH 8 (does e-mail
    and web and files and printing)

I also have an old laptop, a Gateway Solo 2500 with 96MB memory, 4GB RAM,
an an Intel Celeron 300MHz chip.  I've got Debian installed on that one,
but it mostly sits on my bookshelf and waits for something to do.

I also have a friend who's getting rid of their old Gateway tower.  I
don't have the specs on it, but I'm sure it's better than the old Gateway
laptop.  I'm trying to convince my friend that she should give this one to
me for free. ;-)

So my question is:  if you had two spare perfectly functioning computers
(a laptop and a tower) sitting around your house, what would you do with
them?

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry