2003 Sep 26 16:29

[vox] [fwd] [Open Magazine] A look at Mandrake's new release

[vox] [fwd] [Open Magazine] A look at Mandrake's new release

----- Forwarded message from Open Magazine <open@open-mag.com> -----

September 26, 2003

Open Magazine - Your strategic guide to Open Source
http://www.open-mag.com/cgi-bin/opencgi/email/redirect.cgi?Open926

This week, we look at a true Open Source business story. It isn't as much
about going from rags to riches as it is about guys starting out as academics
with this real curiosity about connecting information systems using open
standards, assuming they'll make some bread and milk money doing Unix
consulting on the side, and waiting patiently for the bankers to stop laughing
when they tell them they have this business where they give software away to
libraries for free. For those who like a good solid ending, you're going to
like hearing from the co-founder of Index Data, a consultancy specializing in
information retrieval in networked environments.

Over at openBench Labs this week, the story is all about the new release of
Mandrake Linux 9.2 and its new twist to networking, a twist that openBench
Labs tells us really changes the feel of Mandrake Linux quite dramatically.

For this week's findings, click on
http://www.open-mag.com/cgi-bin/opencgi/email/redirect.cgi?Open926

Regards,

The editors of Open magazine