2003 Sep 24 20:35

[vox] Free computers (PI/PII); prefer to go as a collection!

[vox] Free computers (PI/PII); prefer to go as a collection!

I've been asked to let LUGOD know about a collection of computers that
are up for grabs.

There are 35 systems, including:

  Centaur          550MHz
  Cyrix            550Mhz
  Intel Celeron    500MHz   * 4
  Intel Celeron    600MHz   * 6
  Intel Pentium 2  333MHz   * 23

Motherboards of these systems include:

  8C1A100A
  Amazing MegaTrends
  ASI
  ASUS        (most of the P2 333s)
  ASUS P2B
  CA810 E
  CA81020A
  CA810A

Video cards range from:

  AGP  8MB
  Diamond SpeedStar  8MB
  Intel 810  4MB
  NVIDIA  4MB
  SIS  4MB
  SIS  8MB

(Some apparently have no video card)

For Memory:

  One has 128MB
  Most have 64MB
  Some don't have anything listed

Hard drives include:

   1.6GB
  ~2.0GB
  ~3.0GB   (most of them)
  ~9.5GB

Some drives are dead or make weird noises.

Almost all contin 32x CDROMs.  One has a 40x; one has a 6x.  Some are unlisted.

I was sent a spreadsheet with all of the specs.  I can fwd' this on to anyone
who's interested.  They'd prefer to get rid of the lot as a whole, rather than
piece-by-piece.