January 6: Social gathering
2003 Sep 19 13:24

Re: [vox] Newest Microsoft Internet Critical Security Last Upgrade Patch

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 07:18:40AM -0700, p@dirac.org wrote:
> went to bed at 4am last night.  woke up at 10:10.  there are 38 messages
> in my inbox with subjects like:
>
> Internet Critical Patch
> Bug Message
> Latest Microsoft Critical Patch
> Newest Internet Security Patch
> abort report
> Last Microsoft Security Patch
> Current Internet Critical Upgrade
> Latest Critical Pack
>
> and so forth.  file sizes are all in the range of 1888 to 2153.  i
> assume there must be a new microsoft virus going around.
>
> this is crazy---not one "penis enlargement", BUSINESS PROPOSAL, or
> CONFIDENTIAL email.  thank heavens for that.
>
> man.  this is awful.  i hope some enterprising soul sues microsoft for
> putting out shoddry software that's so vulnerable to viruses.  i think
> that's less of a stretch than suing Take-Two over deaths attributed to
> Grand Theft Auto.
>
> as i typed this, yet another just came in.   argh!
>
> pete

Welcome to my world.  I been getting these since I switched from using
comcast's mail crap, er server to my own.  That was like 5 months ago or
so.  I deleted 40 of em from my inbox today.  I keep meaning to set up a
filter of some sort, and I keep pushing it off.  I guess its not
annoying enough yet for me.  In any event, I don't think this is a
matter for the courts...