2003 Sep 09 10:04

Re: [vox] [fwd] City of Largo requests features of Dia ... :-)

On Monday 08 September 2003 04:45 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:13:51 -0400
> From: David Richards <drichard@largo.com>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Off List Posting
> 1) The dialog box that comes up when you print is tough for our users.
> They are aren't good at putting in Linux commands, and just a basic
> "lpr" command will send it to the system default printer which is here
> in IT and not at their desk.  Integration with CUPS would be great, or a
> graphical interface for printer selection (such as in Gedit).

If using KDE you can use "kprinter" as the universal print
command.  This in turn pops up a dialog where you can select
the actual print device, which includes such nifty options
as emailing a PDF or sending a fax.  It knows about CUPS.

I think it even works without KDE.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/
   Preconfigured Linux computers and custom software