2003 Aug 20 13:54

Re: [vox] Re: New virus?

On the 19th day of August, Bill Kendrick said to me:

> obviously the true villians are whoever wrote these stupid viruses and
> worms

I disagree. The problem lies in the fact that the worlds most used email
client, web browser and OS have such a poor security model. I liken it to
a hotel which has saved money by using the same key/lock for every room.

The virus is lke the curious guest who tries his key in somoene else's
door and finds that it works. Sure, they're behaving in a less than good
way, but wouldn't you be a little miffed at the hotel? Wouldn't you be a
little more so when you asked them about it and flat out denied it?

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | bucketchild.net - +1-707-237-5271 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org      - +1-408-386-3549 (cell) .