January 6: Social gathering
2003 Aug 15 13:03

Re: [vox] [fwd] [OT] Snuggling Up to Mars

Re: [vox] [fwd] [OT] Snuggling Up to Mars

I am so blown away by:

1) How cool Kstars is! I used to have a Win32 application that I lost,
and this app is better (plus it's free, and it runs on Linux). :-) The
only feature I'd like to have is to be able to position the POV off of
the planet (so I can look at the solar system from the "top").

2) How bright Mars actually is! It almost looks like Jupiter, it's so
big and bright. It's amazing how it shined through last night even right
next to a gibous moon. I am planning to bust out my (small) telescope
for some night sky viewing tonight--maybe I'll see more than canals...
:-)