2003 Aug 12 09:45

Re: [vox] Distributing OpenOffice to schools

Re: [vox] Distributing OpenOffice to schools

Lincoln Peters wrote:

The OpenOffice.org team has announced to Schoolforge that it intends to launch an education campaign in October (when OpenOffice 1.1 is released) and put as many copies of OpenOffice in the hands of students and teachers as possible.
<much snippage>

I have already notified the North Bay Linux Users' Group (http://www.nblug.org/), and I'm trying to figure out exactly which areas they can cover. Can anyone recommend any other groups in Northern California I should contact?
Not a User Group, but a non-profit association you may want to contact or refer Ian to:

The Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) at www.acsa.org. They publish a weekly newspaper, EDCAL (editor: London Roberts), and a bi-monthly magazine, Educational Leadership (editor: Susan Davis) that may be interested in publicizing your effort. email addresses are first initial, last name at acsa.org. Phone number is 916-444-3216. You can tell 'em I referred you, if you want.

--
Marc Elliot Hall www.hallmarc.net/quick_resume.html
P.O. Box 435