2003 Aug 12 09:43

Re: [vox] Distributing OpenOffice to schools

Re: [vox] Distributing OpenOffice to schools

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:12:12PM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
<snip>

> I have already notified the North Bay Linux Users' Group
> (http://www.nblug.org/), and I'm trying to figure out exactly which areas
> they can cover.  Can anyone recommend any other groups in Northern
> California I should contact?

Hi Lincoln.  Welcome to the mailing list, and thanks for the good work you're
doing. :)

I try to keep track of what other LUGs in the greater Bay Area are up to,
as you may have noticed in the "Upcoming Events" box on our site's front
page.

I have a page which is pretty much a key to the little user group icons
that appear on the left side of that box, and it ends up being a fairly
good list of local and not-so-local user groups.  Feel free to use that
as a starting point:

  http://www.lugod.org/newsicons/

Also, there's Bay Area Linux Events:

  http://www.linuxmafia.com/bale/

It might be useful to contact non-Linux user groups, as well.
(Sacramento PC User Group is the big one out here: http://www.sacpcug.org/ )

Good luck!